Sunday, July 21, 2013

How Much Do Things Cost in Thailand? A Quick FAQ

I've been getting some good feedback on the start-up series for cost of living in Thailand. Also when I scout around in various forums in relations to living in Thailand you start to notice some of the same questions that gets asked around. What I've decided to do for today is to do a small FAQ on some questions pertaining to costs in Thailand. I will continue on with the series since I will getting to other basic costs in more detail.

Here is some basic questions:

How Much Do Things Cost in Thailand?

What's interesting is that I just got this question a few minutes ago and although vague, I do understand what the reader is trying to ask. So how much do things cost in Thailand when it comes to miscellaneous related items? I will do a nice breakdown of some costs but for example, a 500mL bottle of Cola cost around 12-15THB, which is less than 50 cents. For roughly the same amount in the US, it would cost around $1.29 to $1.79 in the store. Not only that, but the Cola made in Thailand is made from REAL SUGAR, not that crap High Fructose Corn Syrup stuff found in the states.


More details about these kind of misc items in my series later on....

How Much Does A Massage Cost in Thailand?

I knew one day I was going to be asked this question and now this day has finally came, LOL. One of the finer highlights about Thailand is their massages. They are simply amazing and it's a must thing to do for anyone that comes to visit Thailand. When you go for long walks around the streets of Bangkok, your feet will be pretty much aching at the end of the day. Nothing is more pleasurable than getting a basic foot massage. The cost of a foot massage can range anywhere from 150THB to 400THB which is around $5-$13. The person massaging your foot puts your feet in a bath of water (which is usually contains some herbs to relax you) and your feet goes to heaven. Yes, there is other types of massages but the foot massage quickly came to mind. I will once again go over this in better detail in part with my series.

Things To Do In Bangkok Thailand

Believe me when I say this, but there are TONS of things to do in Thailand at any time. Whether you have little or lots of money there isn't any excuse why you shouldn't have any fun in Thailand. Thailand is known for their culture and history, and before I say anymore, stay tuned as I will get into further details with this stuff. I will make this into a separate article of its own on discussing what do in Bangkok. But for starters, as I discussed briefly in another article here, you can simply go walking around in different parts of Thailand and do some sight seeing. If you are a girl you can spend weeks going window shopping on all sorts of various stuff. You can try all sorts of different snacks like exotic fruits or fine pastries. Don't worry about getting fat trying the goodies, the amount of walking will burn any calories you get from eating.

How To Manage Money In Thailand

I am really tired of reading people saying it is impossible to live under $1000 a month let alone $600 and for that money you will only eat rice and beans with nothing to do. This is simply false since people tend to manage their money poorly. When you try to budget on living with $600 a month, there isn't too much room for error so some discipline is required. I am going to show you why it is possible to live for this amount and HOW to do it as well.  Yes, if you happen to have access to more money than that, then by all means upgrade your lifestyle but it is still possible to live great for that much. Thai people live for almost half of that amount yet manage to live a nice and happy lifestyle. Stay tuned as I might make this Part III of my How To Live for $600 in Thailand series.

There are some more questions but I will get to those later. Please continue to spread the word about this site as I people sharing this site with others! I really appreciate your word of mouth help and your feedback! Expect to see some upgrades on this site very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment